Sunday, December 7, 2008

So worn out!

So after the last couple of weeks I have a new appreciation for all that parents do. I got to go with our girls basket ball team to a tiny little town almost to Wyoming. The girls played a very hard and physical game and did well. One of the girls actually ended up in the ER because of an injury to her ribs. It was a very long night and we stayed at a cabin that is owned by the rec department of our facility. I didn't get much sleep because I was worried about the kids all night. I now know kind of how my mom felt staying up waiting for us to get home when we were out with friends. It seems like every day there is some kind of drama and some kind of problem going on with the kids.
Yesterday we had a very interesting basket ball practice. There were a lot of problems going on with the different girls on the team so instead of running drills we had a big discussion about what was bothering every one on the team. It was good to see what is bothering the girls both on and off the court. They are making a lot of progress and it was fun to watch them win their first game. These kids have only been playing together for about a month and they are going up against teams that have been playing together for years. As a coach I couldn't ask for a more talented group of players than what I have.
I can't believe how fast the time is flying. We counted today and there are only 12 days until Christmas. I can't wait to go home and get rejuvenated. Sometimes all you need is a few days at home and then you are good to go again. I still can't believe that I have now lived in Utah for two months. I am still not all that excited to be living here, but it is where I was able to find work that also provided housing. Any ways, this is all I can think of for this post.

No comments: