Friday, February 20, 2009

Another Day

So my girls lost their game to go to state, so our season is done. It is kind of bitter sweet. I got to spend a lot of time with them and got to know so many of them better than I ever knew I would. Then again, there was a ton of drama that happened during the season that I will be glad not to have to deal with any more. But unfortunately the drama does follow me to the rest of my job.
It is hard to watch these kids make these mistakes and think that they don't have to deal with the consequences for their actions. It is my new perspective to help them realize that what they do now really will effect them forever and that they need to think before they act. It is a hard lesson to teach, and an even harder one to learn. This makes me even more greatful for the way my parents raised me and my brother. We aren't perfect, but we are a family who loves each other and we are able to talk to each other and respect one another. We love each other for who each person is and we are all okay with that. This job reminds me of how much my family means to me and how much I am glad to have the family that I have.

No comments: